Vassilenas first opened in 1920 at Maniatika of Piraeus, originally as a grocery store, by the grandfather of today’s owner. A restaurant that for more than 90 years has been welcoming artists, politicians and guests from the neighborhood who remain a faithful clientele, all having in common the desire to taste something extraordinary. Today, that small grocery store has been transformed into one of the main ambassadors of Greek high cuisine and opened its brand new restaurant in Athens at the Hilton area designed by Kokkinou+Kourkoulas architects.
Architect: Kokkinou+Kourkoulas architects
(All images courtesy of Kokkinou+Kourkoulas architects. Used under permission.)